II recieved this survey today and thought it would be the perfect day to post it. It is Isaiah’s birthday today! Our day has been filled with laughter, presents, swimming and desserts. A perfect birthday for a 6 year old guy!
Isaiah – it is almost unbelievable how time has flown. I can still remember the nights I would hold you and rock you to sleep…feeling a mixture of awe and fear as I looked on you. I still feel that way at times, although it is not while rocking you. I am grateful for your life. You have caused a chain reaction of love all around you. I love how quick your mind works and how you are so thoughtful of other’s feelings. Through you, I see the world differently. You taught me about love for not just others but for myself. You have made me realize that even on my worst day, you are still there with a hug and a smile. Your curiosity amazes me as something as simple as a clock can cause you to ponder for hours. Yet, sometimes the complex (or at least to me) things like loving Christ and Him loving us just come naturally for you. I love you!
1) How old were you?
21 – a new 21 at that!
2) How did you find out you were pregnant?
I took 4 pregnancy tests, 3 were positive, one was negative…then I freaked out! 🙂 Finally I found a doctor to confirm it.
3) Who did you tell?
Amy, she was the accountant I worked with in the office…she actually bought two of the tests for me!
4) Did you want to find out the sex?
Absolutely! I was so shocked to be pregnant…I felt the surprise of being pregnant was all I could handle!
5) Due date?
July 4, 2002
July 8, 2002
7) Did you have morning sickness?
More than I ever wanted again! I was sick until about month 6…I did not even look pregnant until then because of the sickness!
8) What did you crave?
Anything spicy, in fact the spicier the better!
9) Who irritated you the most?
No one really. Even Heath says I am more even tempered when I am pregnant!
10) What was your child’s gender?
11) How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy?
a little over 50!
12) Did you have any complications during your pregnancy?
13) How many hours were you in labor?
I arrived at the hospital a little after 4am and he arrived at 1000am!
14) Who drove you to the hospital?
15) Who watched?
16) Was it natural or c-section?
17) What was the birth weight and length?
6lbs, 13 oz. and 19 1/2 inches long
18) Did you take medicine to ease the pain?
No…my friend Ally encouraged me to try a drug free labor.
19) Did your child have any complications?
20) What did you name him/her?
Isaiah Murdock – Isaiah came from a verse in the Bible that Heath and I clung to while we were pregnant and scared out of our minds! Murdock is Heath’s grandfather’s middle name. We chose a name that we felt was honorable and full of integrity.
21) How old is your first born today?