Crystal over at Biblical Womanhood hosts Frugal Fridays. This is my first time to try it but I intrigued at how she saves money. This week’s topic is how to save $100…painlessly! I have had to think about this one but here is what I have come up with:
1. We choose to only have the Sunday paper delivered. We get calls all the time with ‘special offers’ for the rest of the week. Honestly, it is just too much wasted paper in our house.
2. We have basic telephone service. By basic I mean no long distance, no call waiting or caller id. We have cell phones and if someone needs us they can always call that if our phone is busy. Our cell phones also have long distance so we just them for long distance calls.
3. We price shop. We compare prices all the time…because prices are changing. We know if it is cheaper to buy bulk or to by with coupons.
4. Copying Crystal, my husband takes his lunch to work almost every day. I also send lunch to school with the boys.
5. We plan our shopping trips. By this I don’t just mean a list, even though we do that. We live in the middle of two towns, each with it’s own set of store. If we are going one way, we make sure to go to all the store needed while we are on that side of town. Sometimes, I give me husband a list to go to a store on his way home from work. This saves on gas and time.
How do you save money? Check out Crystal’s post for more ideas!