On this last day of 2007, I have been thinking on the last year. The thing about looking back for me is that I forget easily. I forget the lessons that God has taught me. I forget about the blessings from family. I lose the great conversations I had with friends. And in all that forgetting, pain and hurt resound loudly in my head. It is interesting to me that I can so easily let go of the good and only remember the bad. This year, I am going to do something about forgetting. Here are some of my goals for 2008.
– Get back into a daily bible study…so many times I let Sunday morning or my small group be my study for the day or even the week. I really need to get into the Word more.
– Exercise…I really never feel better than when I have exercised. I want to lose the rest of the baby weight from Silas and get into better shape this year…partly for me and the other part is that I have three active boys who need a mom who can run and play with them.
– Journal…this is huge as I do best when I can get my feelings out on paper rather than have them well up inside of me.
– Become more self-sufficient as a mom – Sometimes I feel I ask the grandparents for help on simple things that I could do by myself or even with the kids. This year I want to become more independent as a mom.
– Become joyful…I want to continue to pursue joy in all of my situations.
Do you have any goals for 2008?